Hello and welcome to our blog! Today we are excited to share with you some updates on our phosphate production line in Argentina. Phosphate is a key ingredient for fertilizers and animal feed, and it is essential for global food security. Our production line, located in the province of San Juan, is one of the most advanced and efficient in the world. It uses state-of-the-art technology to extract phosphate from the rock, process it into high-quality products, and transport it to our customers. Here are some of the highlights of our production line:
– It has a capacity of 2.4 million tons per year, making it the best phosphate producer in South America.
– It employs more than 1,000 people, mostly local residents, who receive competitive wages and benefits.
– It operates with the highest environmental and safety standards, minimizing water consumption, emissions, and waste.
– It contributes to the social and economic development of the region, supporting local suppliers, schools, health centers, and community projects.
How does the production line work?
In this part, we will explain how our production line works and what makes it so special. Here are the main steps of our production process:
– Mining: We use open-pit mining to extract the phosphate rock from the ground. The rock is then crushed and screened to separate the phosphate from the impurities.
– Beneficiation: We use flotation and magnetic separation to enrich the phosphate content of the rock. The resulting concentrate has a phosphate content of about 30%.
– Granulation: We use a rotary drum granulator to convert the concentrate into uniform granules that are suitable for fertilizers and animal feed. The granules have a phosphate content of about 18%.
– Drying and cooling: We use a rotary dryer and a rotary cooler to reduce the moisture content and temperature of the granules. The granules are then ready for packaging and shipping.
– Transportation: We use trucks, trains, and ships to transport our products to our customers around the world. We have a dedicated port terminal in San Juan that can handle up to 1.5 million tons of phosphate per year.
We are proud of our phosphate production line in Argentina, and we are committed to delivering quality products to our customers while respecting the environment and the communities where we operate. We hope you enjoyed this blog post and learned more about our operations. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!