If you are looking for a way to produce organic powder fertilizer from your kitchen waste, you might want to consider a vertical type composter. A vertical type composter is a device that converts organic waste into compost in a vertical column. Unlike traditional compost bins or piles, a vertical type composter does not require turning or mixing of the material. Instead, it relies on gravity and air circulation to speed up the decomposition process.
A vertical type composter has several advantages over other methods of composting. First, it saves space and can be placed indoors or outdoors. Second, it reduces odor and pest problems, as the waste is enclosed in a sealed container. Third, it produces high-quality compost that is rich in nutrients and beneficial microorganisms. Fourth, it can handle different types of organic waste, such as fruit peels, vegetable scraps, coffee grounds, eggshells, and even meat and bones. Fifth, it is easy to use and maintain, as you only need to add the waste and harvest the compost.
To use a vertical type composter, you need to follow these simple steps:
1. Choose a suitable location for your composter. It should be away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. It should also have good ventilation and drainage.
2. Fill the bottom of the composter with some bedding material, such as shredded paper, sawdust, or straw. This will help absorb excess moisture and provide aeration for the composting process.
3. Add your organic waste to the composter. You can chop or blend the waste to make it decompose faster. You can also add some activator, such as compost starter or manure, to boost the microbial activity.
4. Cover the waste with another layer of bedding material. This will prevent flies and odors from escaping.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the composter is full or you run out of waste.
6. Wait for the compost to mature. This can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the temperature and the type of waste you used.
7. Harvest the compost from the bottom of the composter. You can use a spigot or a door to access the finished product.
8. Use the compost as a fertilizer for your plants or as a soil amendment for your garden.
A vertical type composter is a great way to produce organic powder fertilizer from your kitchen waste. It is eco-friendly, economical, and efficient. By using a vertical type composter, you can turn your waste into a valuable resource for your plants and soil.