If you are looking for a simple and cost-effective way to produce NPK fertilizer granules, you may want to consider using a pan granulator. A pan granulator is a type of rotary drum equipment that can turn powdery materials into uniform and round granules. In this blog post, we will introduce the features, advantages and working principle of the pan granulator, and how you can use it to make NPK fertilizer granules in small capacity.
Features of Pan Granulator
– The pan granulator has a simple structure, easy operation and low maintenance cost.
– The pan granulator can adjust the angle of the disc by using the electric control cabinet, which can control the size and shape of the granules.
– The pan granulator has a high granulation rate, up to 93%, and can produce granules with good appearance and strength.
– The pan granulator can work with other fertilizer equipment, such as crusher, mixer, dryer, cooler, screener, etc., to form a complete NPK fertilizer production line.
Advantages of Pan Granulator
– The pan granulator can use various raw materials, such as urea, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, potassium chloride, etc., to make NPK fertilizer granules with different formulas and ratios.
– The pan granulator can save energy and resources, as it does not need to add binder or water during the granulation process.
– The pan granulator can reduce environmental pollution, as it does not produce dust or waste water during the granulation process.
– The pan granulator can improve the efficiency and quality of NPK fertilizer production, as it can produce uniform and round granules that are easy to store, transport and apply.
Working Principle of Pan Granulator
– The pan granulator consists of a disc, a driving device, a spraying device, a base and a frame.
– The disc is tilted at a certain angle and rotates at a certain speed. The powdery materials are fed into the disc from the top by a feeder.
– The powdery materials are sprayed with water or steam by the spraying device, which makes them moist and sticky.
– The moist and sticky materials are rolled by the disc and gradually form into small balls. The small balls are then thrown out of the disc by the centrifugal force and fall onto the bottom of the frame.
– The small balls are dried by the hot air from the bottom of the frame and become hard and round granules. The granules are then screened by a screener and packed by a packing machine.
How to Use Pan Granulator to Make NPK Fertilizer Granules in Small Capacity
– First, you need to prepare the raw materials according to your desired NPK fertilizer formula and ratio. You can use a crusher to crush the large materials into fine powders.
– Second, you need to mix the raw materials evenly by using a mixer. You can also add some additives or microorganisms to improve the fertilizer efficiency and quality.
– Third, you need to feed the mixed materials into the pan granulator by using a feeder. You can adjust the angle and speed of the disc to control the size and shape of the granules.
– Fourth, you need to dry the granules by using a dryer. You can use hot air or flue gas as the heat source. You can also use a cooler to cool down the granules if necessary.
– Fifth, you need to screen the granules by using a screener. You can separate the qualified granules from the unqualified ones. You can also use a coating machine to coat the granules with some protective agents if necessary.
– Sixth, you need to pack the granules by using a packing machine. You can choose different packing specifications according to your market demand.
Pan granulator is a simple and effective way to make NPK fertilizer granules in small capacity. It has many features and advantages that make it suitable for small-scale NPK fertilizer production. If you are interested in pan granulator or other fertilizer equipment, please feel free to contact us. We will provide you with professional guidance and customized solutions.